To achieve academic excellence for satisfying technical & social needs through creation of innovative, ethical & globally acceptable professionals in the field of Computer Science and Engineering.
To disseminate knowledge and technical skills in Computer Science & Engineering discipline and application of computing, in a progressive academic & research environment for creation of competent professionals and responsible citizens.
Programme Educational Objectives
- 1. Preparation: To prepare students to succeed in employment/profession and/or to pursue postgraduate & research education in Computer Science and Engineering and Allied Engineering disciplines.
- 2. Core Competence & Breadth: To provide students with a solid foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals required to formulate, analyze & solve engineering problems related to Computer Science and Engineering in particular and engineering practice in general. Also to prepare student with good scientific and engineering breadth to design system and solve problems.
- 3. Professionalism: To inculcate in students professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skill, teamwork, and an ability to relate engineering to global perspective issues and social context.
- 4. Learning Environment: To provide student with an academic environment that fosters excellence, transparency, leadership and promote awareness of life-long learning.
- 1. An ability to apply knowledge of computing, mathematics, science, and computer science & engineering fundamentals.
- 2. An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex computer science & engineering problems.
- 3. An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, component, process or program to meet desired needs with appropriate considerations such as economic / environmental.
- 4. An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data in computer science & engineering.
- 5. An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering & computational tools necessary for computer science & engineering practices.
- 6. The broad education necessary to understand the impact of contextual knowledge on socialÂ and cultural issues.
- 7. An ability to understand contemporary issues related to social & environmental context for sustainable development of engineering solutions.
- 8. An understanding of professional & ethical responsibility.
- 9. An ability to function effectively as an individual, as a member or leader in diverse & multidisciplinary teams.
- 10. An ability to communicate effectively.
- 11. An understanding of engineering & management principles to manage projects.
- 12. A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in lifelong learning.
Programme Specific Outcomes
1. An ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of Database System, Software Engineering, Computer Networking and Operating System for software applications.
2. An ability to design & develop program, algorithms and projects using open source tools and efficient data structure.