To achieve academic excellence for satisfying technical & social needs through creation of innovative, ethical & globally acceptable professionals in the field of Civil Engineering.
To disseminate knowledge and technical skills in Civil Engineering discipline in a progressive academic & research environment for creation of competent professionals and responsible citizens.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Preparation To prepare students to succeed in employment/profession and/or to pursue postgraduate & research education Civil Engineering and Allied Engineering disciplines.
- Core Competence & Breadth To provide students with a solid foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals required to formulate, analyze & solve engineering problems related to Civil Engineering in particular and engineering practice in general also to prepare student with good scientific and engineering breadth to design system and solve problems.
- Professionalism To inculcate in students professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skill, teamwork, and an ability to relate engineering to global perspective issues and social context.
- Learning Environment To provide student with an academic environment that fosters excellence, transparency, leadership and promote awareness of life-long learning.
POs describe what students are expected to know or be able to do by the time of graduation from the Programme. Programme Outcomes are established as per the process described in The Programme Outcomes of Civil Engineering are
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and Civil Engineering fundamentals
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve complex engineering problems.
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a Civil engineering system & process to meet desired needs with appropriate considerations such as economic / environmental.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data in Civil Engineering.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering & computational tools necessary for Civil Engineering practices.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of contextual knowledge on social and cultural issues.
- An ability to understand contemporary issues related to social & environmental context for sustainable development of engineering solutions.
- An understanding of professional & ethical responsibility.
- An ability to function effectively as an individual, as a member or leader in diverse & multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- An understanding of engineering & management principles to manage projects.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in lifelong learning.