In addition to the above mentioned activities, the following activities are also arranged
- The Institution arranges for guest lectures on recent developments in the field of computer science and Engineering.
- Technical Quizzes and competitions are held regularly to enrich their academic competitiveness.
- Students are encouraged to do in house projects under the guidance of faculty.
- Regular industrial visits are organized for the students to get acquainted with the work place environment.
- Teaching materials of subjects are kept in the library for benefiting students for studying beyond college hours.
- Special classes for students who are below average are arranged after the class hours.
- Audio visual equipments are used extensively so as to aid visual retention.
Seminars, which involve learning groups, provide an opportunity for active discussions on relevant topics. They help develop transferable skills such as communication and teamwork, and offer a platform to participate fully in the learning process.
Communication Skills / Personality Development / Placement Training
The Institute will be developing a Communication and Soft Skills course for students. Intensive training will be imparted in the areas of group discussions, interview techniques, verbal ability, presentations, quantitative techniques etc.
DMIETR is the destination for students of all engineering colleges when it organizes BLITZKRIEG - an annual technical fest. Students explore their organizing skills and exhibit their talent by participating in technical events like Robotics, Paper Presentation, Poster Presentation, Lan Gaming, etc.,